Discover The Wonders Of Africa:
A Classic Safari In Kenya
Duration: 11 days
We are thrilled to invite you on an unforgettable traditional classic safari in Kenya. Our expertly curated safari packages offer a unique opportunity to witness Africa’s incredible wildlife in their natural habitat, explore the country’s vast landscapes, and immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage of Kenya.
Our classic safaris typically include game drives through Kenya’s national parks and game reserves, allowing you to see some of Africa’s most iconic wildlife up close. Our knowledgeable and experienced guides will take you on an adventure through the beautiful game reserves, providing you with the opportunity to observe the wildlife in their natural habitats.
In addition to game drives, our traditional classic safaris include visits to local villages, cultural performances, and guided nature walks, giving you the chance to learn about the local cultures, traditions, and history of Kenya. You will have the opportunity to interact with the friendly and welcoming Samburu people, who are known for their distinctive customs and traditions.
We take pride in offering you a unique and unforgettable experience. Our safaris are designed to be tailored to your preferences, ensuring that you have a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Whether you are interested in luxury safaris, family safaris, or adventure safaris, AOS has the perfect safari package for you.
“If I have ever seen magic, it has been in Africa” – John Hemingway
- From tracking elusive wildlife to providing in-depth knowledge of the local flora and fauna, our skilled guides will take you on a journey of discovery, immersing you in the sights, sounds, and stories of the African bush. With their keen eyesight, sharp instincts, and passion for the natural world, our guides will ensure that every moment of your safari is filled with wonder, excitement, and unparalleled adventure.
- Indulge in comfort by staying at some of the best camps and lodges in East Africa, where every detail is designed to provide the perfect blend of comfort, style, and authenticity.
- Witness the stunning landscapes and incredible wildlife of East Africa’s iconic Samburu and Mount Kenya regions, from the vast savannahs and rolling hills to the winding rivers and dramatic escarpments.
- Experience the fascinating ecosystems from the foothill of towering peaks of Mount Kenya and the Great Rift Valley.
- Embark on a captivating cultural journey and immerse yourself in the traditions of the Samburu people with a visit to a Samburu village and Women’s village. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with the locals, learn about their fascinating way of life, and gain a deeper appreciation for the rich cultural heritage that pervades this breathtaking region.
Day 1 – Your Adventure Begins!
Today you begin your journey to Kenya by taking international flight to Nairobi.
Day 2-3 – Nairobi – A Journey through Kenya’s Capital City
Upon your arrival at JKIA airport, you will be warmly greeted at the aircraft by a representative from AOS who will escort you through Customs and Immigration, help collect your luggage and take you to Tamarind Tree hotel, providing a personalized and hassle-free experience that will make you feel welcomed and well taken care of from the moment you arrive.
The next day, you’ll embark on a fascinating Nairobi city tour, exploring the bustling metropolis that is the economic and cultural hub of Kenya. From the colourful markets and historical landmarks to the vibrant arts and culture scene, you’ll get to experience the many facets of this dynamic city, accompanied by a knowledgeable guide who will share insights and stories about its history, culture, and people. You’ll have the opportunity to visit iconic landmarks such as the Karen Blixen Museum, Sheldricks Wildlife Trust and the Giraffe Centre, where you can get up close and personal with the majestic giraffes.
Break at the Tamarind Restaurant for a delicious lunch, overlooking the beautiful Nairobi River. This renowned restaurant is famous for its exquisite cuisine and impeccable service, making it a must-visit destination for foodies and travellers alike. In the evening, you’ll be treated to a carnivorous feast at the legendary Carnivore Restaurant, known for its succulent grilled meats and festive ambiance. This iconic restaurant has been a fixture in Nairobi since the 1980s, offering a unique and memorable dining experience that perfectly captures the essence of Kenyan hospitality and culture.
Day 4-5 – Exploring Tea and Coffee Growing in Meru
Today embark on a journey to the iconic Mount Kenya region for a two day stay at Alba hotel in Meru. Kenya is known for its production of high-quality tea and coffee, and a visit to a farm in Meru is an excellent opportunity to learn about the process of growing these crops. The region of Meru, located in central Kenya, is known for its fertile soil, making it an ideal location for growing tea and coffee.
You will explore the coffee and tea farms, interact with the farmers, and learn about the entire process of growing, harvesting, and processing the crops. The tour will take you through the fields, where you can see the plants up close and learn about the different varieties of tea and coffee grown in the area.
During the tour, you will have the opportunity to witness the entire process of tea and coffee production, from picking the ripe beans or leaves to roasting and packaging the final product. You can also get hands-on experience by helping the farmers with the harvesting and processing, giving you a better understanding of the hard work that goes into producing the perfect cup of coffee or tea.
You will also experience the local culture and way of life by having lunch at the farm and visiting a local market where you can interact with the community, learn about their customs, and sample local cuisine.
Day 6-8 – Experience the Wilds of Samburu
Today we head to Samburu National Reserve. Samburu is one of Kenya’s most unique and picturesque safari destinations, and Larsens Tented Camp is the perfect place to stay for an authentic and comfortable safari experience. The camp is located in the heart of the Samburu National Reserve, which is home to some of Kenya’s most iconic wildlife, including the Samburu Special Five (Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe, Somali ostrich, gerenuk, and beisa oryx), as well as elephants, lions, leopards, and cheetahs.
Staying at Larsens Tented Camp provides a true African wilderness experience, with spacious and comfortable tents featuring en-suite bathrooms, private decks, and stunning views of the Ewaso Nyiro River. In addition to daily game drives, you will participate in guided walks, bird watching, bush breakfast, sundowner, and cultural experiences with the Samburu people at a traditional village and women’s village.
After a day of adventure, return to the comfort of your tent and relax on your private deck, listening to the sounds of the river and the wildlife around you. In the evenings, gather around the campfire and share stories with other guests, or enjoy a delicious meal under the stars.
Day 9-10 – Ol Pejeta: A Heaven for the Big Five and a Beacon of Conservation
Embark on an unforgettable safari adventure through Laikipia and Ol Pejeta, and indulge in two days of luxurious stay at the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club. Witness the iconic “Big Five” and the last remaining northern white rhino, visit chimpanzee sanctuary, explore diverse landscapes, and learn about the region’s cultural heritage.
Your stay at the Fairmont Mount Kenya will be a cherished memory, with breathtaking views and top-class amenities. Take guided walks through the forest or simply relax and enjoy the comfort of the hotel.
Ol Pejeta is a private wildlife conservancy located in Laikipia, Kenya. It is renowned for its conservation efforts, and is home to the “Big Five” (elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo, and rhino), as well as numerous other species of wildlife. In particular, it is known for its efforts to protect and conserve the northern white rhino, with the last one remaining in the world residing in the conservancy.
Day 11 – Return to Nairobi: Kwa Heri Kenya
As your time in Kenya comes to an end, you’ll begin your journey back to Nairobi, where you’ll have a day room at the historic and luxurious Fairmont Norfolk hotel. After just a short flight from Maasai Mara, you’ll be greeted with warm hospitality, comfortable accommodations, and all the amenities you need to relax and rejuvenate before your flight home. Whether you want to take a dip in the pool, indulge in a spa treatment, or savour a delicious meal at one of the hotel’s restaurants, you’ll find everything you need to unwind and reflect on the incredible experiences you’ve had during your safari adventure. In the evening, you will be transferred to JKIA for a flight back to your home country, filled with memories and stories that will stay with you for a lifetime.
- Immersive safari experience with the attentive and knowledgeable services of an experienced English-speaking safari guide.
- Comfortable accommodations and healthy meals, including unforgettable experiences of breakfast in the savannah and bush dinner.
- Regional wine and beer served during your mealtimes, while your vehicles are stocked with refreshing soft drinks and bottled water to keep you hydrated during your safari adventure.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi at all camps and lodges.
- All ground transportation, providing you with comfortable and convenient transfers between destinations and ensuring a seamless and stress-free journey.
- Seamless airport transfers, as well as all game park, national park, and conservancy fees, allowing you to simply relax and revel in the unforgettable experiences that await you on your journey.
- Extensive safety protocols perfected by over 25 years of on-the-ground expertise.
- Cultural journey and a visit to a Samburu village and women’s village.
- An unforgettable visit to the world renown Ol Pejeta chimpanzee and rhino sanctuaries.
Maasai Mara, Diani Beach, Zanzibar, Seychelles, Cape Town